Friday, Feb. 13 and Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015 In Boyne City
Boyne City will be full of fun and chocolate this Valentine's Day weekend. Chocolate-Covered Boyne will celebrate chocolate and romance at more than 30 businesses. Organizers expect that this year's 8th annual event will be sweeter and livelier than ever. Here is a list of participating businesses and details of their chocolatey offerings.
WINE, WOMEN AND CHOCOLATE concert at Freshwater Art Gallery, 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015. Performers will be announced
Participating businesses from 2014. (Check back for 2015 list.)
- Ace Hardware - 20 % off Gerber’s Homemade Chocolate and chocolate-cherry products
- Alpine Chocolate Haus - Assorted samples of chocolates and truffles
- BC Pizza - Saturday night Valentine's Special: eat for $20. Choice of two dinner buffets, including salad, soup, pizza, breadsticks, and pasta plus two small drinks; OR one medium item pizza, one order breadsticks, two small drinks, and order of chocolate-covered bread stix with a chocolate pastry.
- Beyond Borders - Draw for 10-15-25% off store-wide
- The Bird's Nest - Bags of chocolate treats
- Boyne Avenue Greenhouse - Drawing for floral arrangement
- Boyne Co-op True Value - Dog treats
- Boyne Country Provisions/Wine Emporium - 10% off any chocolate beer - Free small hot chocolate - Free chocolate treat and 10% off wine or bubbly at The Wine Emporium & Market
- Boyne District Library - “Chocolate-Covered Story Time” Friday 10:30 a.m. “Blind Date with a Book” – take a chance - fall in love with a book.
- Boyne Mountain - Dinner and dueling pianos are offered on Valentine's Day at Stein Eriksen's at Boyne Mountain Resort. The special four-course menu features succulent Surf & Turf as dueling pianos make for a fun evening. For reservations, call 231.549.6059 or for the menu, visit BOYNE.com.
- Boyne Trading Company - Drawing for discount of 25-40-50% on one item of your choice.
- Café Sante - Pot de Crème made with Belgian chocolate, La Bete Noire, Austrian Linzer torte, Young’s double chocolate stout, Chocolate martini, chocolate highball, or Belgian cafe
- CindiFranco's Cool Stuff - Assorted chocolate-scented candles as supplies last, Thereafter, other small candies
- Coldwell Banker - Stop in a receive a Chocolate Rose
- Country Now and Then/Up The Lazy River - Chocolate treats and winter sale up to 60% off selected items throughout store
- Dunagain's Antiques - chocolate refreshments
- Eyes on Main - chocolate treats (Friday only)
- Fiji Salon & Spa - Chocolate facials and chocolate pedicures, Chocolate massage with rose petals and Chocolate treats
- Freshwater Art Gallery - "Wine, Women, Chocolate and Song” concert at 8 P.M. Saturday, Feb. 15. 231-582-2588.
- Grain Train - Chocolove chocolate bar $1.79 each. Stop by for a sample, and enter your name in the drawing for a Chocolate Lovers’ Gift Basket
- Huff Pharmacy - Chocolate truffles Friday; Saturday ’till 2 p.m.
- Inspired Living - 25% off all chocolate teas and anything red or pink (or with red or pink on it... no matter how small!) in the store. Free samples of chocolate wine too.
- Kilwin's Chocolates of Boyne City - Fudge and chocolate treats, Demonstrations of fudge-making and chocolate-dipping and Chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- Local Flavor Book Store - 25% off romance novels and 20% off drinks: mocha, raspberry white chocolate, or raspberry mocha
- Logo Pros/Northern Eagle Clothiers - 35% off storewide and Chocolate treats.
- Lynda's Real Estate Service– Chocolate-covered houses.
- Mary's of Boyne - Chocolate candies; 25-40% off storewide
- McDonald's - 50-cent fudge sundaes, 13 chocolate cookie tote-$2.50, and 50 cents off chocolate-covered strawberry Frappe
- North Country Cycle Sport - Homemade chocolate treats
- Parkside Grill & Treats - 10% discount all weekend on chocolate-covered cherry; or chocolate-covered strawberry whiteouts
- Pat O’Brien & Associates - Chocolate Treats
- Porter Creek Fish House - (sorry, sold out) Valentine’s Day special dinner at Sommerset Yacht Club: $60 per couple includes appetizer, salad, choice of entrees (Chicken Oscar; Parmesan-encrusted Walleye, or Roasted Beef Tenderloin), Triple Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Coulis for dessert. And a bottle of red or white wine. Call 231-582-9900.
- Radio Shack - Chocolate treats; 25% of cell phone accessories
- Red Mesa Grill - Chocolate Bread Pudding with Tart Cherry Sauce, Fried ice cream with habanera chocolate sauce, Chocolate-raspberry martini, Entertaining Feb. 14: Robin Lee Berry and Glenn Wolff
- Re/Max Resort Properties - Chocolate fondue
- Schraw & Associates - Chocolate treats (Friday only)
- Subway - Free chocolate chip cookie with purchase of sandwich, salad, or pizza.
- Thick 'n Juicy - 2 burgers, 2 fries, 2 SPECIAL chocolate shakes for $14
- Upsy-Daisy Floral - Drawing for spring arrangement