Boyne City Winterfest & Chocolate-Covered Boyne
We know it's cold, but check out the many INDOOR events this weekend!
Chocolate Covered Boyne and Winter Fest Combine For Twice The Fun on Valentine's/President's Weekend, Feb. 12-14, 2016
From February 12 - 14, Boyne City will celebrate everything chocolate and everything winter with events taking place indooors and out. The schedule is below with INDOOR events highlighted in red.
Chocolate specials and sales offered by 53 area businesses on Friday and Saturday. (Printable PDF file arranged by street)
FRIDAY - The festival kicks off with chocolate specials and sales offered by 53 local businesses.
- INDOORS 4-7 p.m. Boyne Country Provisions and the Wine Emporium will host an in-store beer tasting from 4-7 p.m., featuring Perrin Brewing Company.
- INDOORS 3-10 p.m. Café Sante holds their Fat Friday Party Gras Celebration. In case you missed Fat Tuesday, they will have Happy Hour Drink specials, entertainment, mask and bead contests and more, with 10% of food sales benefiting The Last River Draw Logger Sculpture project.
SATURDAY kicks off with the ultimate chocolate breakfast INDOORS at Café Sante from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring Chocolate Hazelnut French Toast. The Saturday line-up includes:
- INDOORS 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Farmers market at the Library Red Barn.
- INDOORS 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. - Children’s activities at the Library
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. - Children’s games in Old City Park
- 11:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. - Bonfire and marshmallows/ s’mores in Old city Park sponsored by Northwest Michigan Habitat For Humanity
- 11a.m. – 2 p.m. – Horse-drawn wagon rides from Old City Park
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 pm – Hot chocolate in Old City Park hosted Family Fare
- INDOORS 1 – 2 pm - Chocolate Dessert Contest held at Fustini’s Oils and Vinegars, featuring chocolate creations from 10 local chefs, including the Boyne City High School Culinary Arts Program. Stop in and try them all.
- 2 p.m. Guided cross-country skiing excursion on the groomed trails at The Hill Nature Preserve on Clute Road. To RSVP, call Jack Laurent at 231-622-2445.
- INDOORS 3 - 4 p.m. - 3 - 4 p.m. - Chili Cook-Off sponsored by Coldwell Banker Real Estate, featuring delectable entries that you won't want to miss. The public is invited to vote for the People's Choice' award and judges will vote on Best of Event. Entries so far are from the BCHS Hospitality Program, Boyne USA, Café Sante, Friggy's SoBo Pub, Frog Hollow, Red Mesa Grill, and Sommerset/'Porter Creek Fish House.
- INDOORS 4-7 p.m. – Complimentary wine tasting at The Wine Emporium.
- INDOORS 6-8 p.m. -Sparkling Glass Art - Grab your Valentine or make it a date night with your besties to celebrate love with a little bubbly and paint at The Spa at Boyne Mountain's first-ever Sparkling Glass Art. Instructor and artist Edith Pair will guide you through glass painting while you sample L. Mawby champagnes. Cost is $40 per person and Includes two champagne flutes, paint and paint supplies, guided instruction, and two champagne samples. Cocktail service and Everett's menu will be available. Reserve your seat, call 231.549.7945.
- 9:15 p.m. - Boyne Mountain Resort celebrates Presidents' Weekend with a fireworks display and torchlight parade on Hemlock, best viewed from the base area in front of Clock Tower Lodge.
- All Day. Avalanche Park activities include ice skating, sledding, horseshoeing, fat tire biking and cross country skiing. The warming house is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. with skates and sleds available for use.
“Throughout the day on Saturday, our businesses will offer many great sales and chocolate treats.
SUNDAY, February 14, INDOORS - Café Sante will again offer the ultimate chocolate breakfast from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring Chocolate Hazelnut French Toast.
INDOORS - The festival will wrap up with a concert at Freshwater Gallery at 7 p.m. starring Carla Cooke on Sunday.
If you have any questions, contact the Boyne Area Chamber aat 231-582-6222 or or email@example.com.