Master of Ceremonies: Robert White
Presenters: Roger White & Chad McDonald
The founding of the Pine Lake Golf Club, aka "Ye Nyne Olde Holles" Golf Club, entailed community support similar to that of the Wolverine Hotel; it was a non-profit corporation that relied on stock purchases of $100 to fund the construction and land purchases. The formation of the Pine Lake Resort Association at Hayden Point, with its’ close proximity to Whiting Park, reinforced that the area would become the hub of Charlevoix County summer fun during the 1920s and 1930s. The fire tower located there was a focal point for area youths to climb and offered a grand view of the golf links. This presentation will cover the years from Ammon Beers land claim in 1869 to the end of McDonald ownership in 1976.