Bear River Health is looking for dependable Paramedics to work with our diverse population at our treatment facility. The Paramedic would be responsible for completing intakes and discharges, handling all medication inventory, passing medications to residents, relaying client concerns or information to the nurse manager and doctor, medically monitoring the detox unit, and more.
- Maintains technician skills, such as obtaining vital signs, performing dressing changes, wound care, catheterizations, EKGs, IV starts, blood draws, bedside point of care testing.
- Performs interventions to enhance psychosocial support.
- Documents according to facility guidelines to accurately reflect care provided immediately after performing procedure or task.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in identifying and understanding conditions of an urgent/emergent nature and reports observations to the registered nurse in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
- Completion of EMT-P (Paramedic) Program required.
- Current Michigan License as EMT-P Paramedic required.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Prior experience in direct patient care required. Paramedic experience required.