8th Annual Business Expo and Taste of Boyne
Business contacts, food and fun on tap for annual Expo
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016 at Boyne Mountain Resort
Register early! Sponsors receive top booth location priority, followed by exhibitors in the order that they turn in their registration and payment. Booth space on the Main Level of the Boyne Mountain Civic Center is limited to 65 exhibitors; additional space is available on the Lower Level, and booth fees for that level are less expensive. Our 2015 Expo booths sold out five weeks before the event. We will begin accepting applications at 9 a.m. Thursday, August 25. All applications turned in at or before that time will be included in a drawing for top priority.
Application form - print this PDF | Register and pay online
Expo exhibitors are limited to Boyne Area Chamber members. If you're not yet a member, here's how you can join us.
$5 admission includes all Taste of Boyne booths
List of Exhibitors * 2015 Pictures * 2014 Pictures * Exhibitor success tips
One of the largest business networking events in Northern Michigan is each year in Boyne City. The 2015 Business Expo and Taste of Boyne included 96 exhibitor booths and a crowd of 1,300 people attending. This exciting Expo includes great food, networking, music and business exhibits from 3 to 7 p.m. The Chamber hosts an optional Booth Selection and Exhibitor Tips meeting about four weeks ahead of time.
Our last Expo featured:
- 96 booths from area businesses and non-profits, including...
- 12 Taste of Boyne food booths, including wine and beer tasting
- Admission price of $5 includes tickets to sample each of the Taste of Boyne participants.
- Cash bar with soft drinks and beer from Petoskey Brewing Company on draft.
- Blood pressure screenings from Munson Healthcare Charleboix Hospital
- Free wi-fi for exhibitors and guests
- Music and announcements from Roger Coates' Experience DJ's
- New vehicles on display from Bob Mathers Ford, Dave Kring Chevrolet and Fletch's GMC Buick Audi.
PARKING SHUTTLE – Because the Expo draws a large crowd, we have offered a free parking shuttle service, We expect to do the same this year. Thanks to Charlevoix County Transit System for making this possible.
Thanks to our Gold Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor - Pat O'Brien Real Estate
Petoskey News-Review * 9 & 10 News * Boyne City Gazette
Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital, Boyne Area Health Center and Boyne Rehab Center
Bronze Sponsors: Bulmann Dock & Lift * Castle Farms * F.O. Barden & Son
TASTE OF BOYNE - $5 admission includes a Taste Card to try them all. Here are the 2015 participants:
- Alpine Chocolat Haus
- BC Pizza
- BCHS Team Hospitality
- Bella Vita Italian Restaurant
- Boyne Mountain Restaurants
- Family Fare
- The Jordan Inn
- Petoskey Brewing Company
- Pigs Eatin' Ribs
- Porter Creek Fish House
List of other exhibitors
What did you like about the Expo? Unedited comments from attendees and vendors (from our online survey):
- Good food, cash bar, good music, nice turnout!
- The way the community participated - they LOVED it!
- It was good to see so many participants, it was nice to be involved with something so 'positive.'
- The whole thing - I felt like I was in Grand Rapids or Detroit at a conference! Well done!
- Opportunities to interact with businesses I didn't even know existed.
- The large space inside and out. It reminded us of the Home Show in Petoskey, only better because lots of food.
- Visiting with people and finding out the different products that businesses have - knowing that Boyne carries it and I don't have to drive out of town to get the product.
- The turnout! I thought the combination of the Expo And Taste Of Boyne was a great idea. Also, there was enough space for people to move around freely.
- I was amazed that the former Carter's could look like a small convention center. It was full and fun. Having food vendors spread out is a great idea! It encouraged people to walk and mingle....
- The promotion was excellent, the appearance of the booths were outstanding. It was a big-time expo.
- Number of booths and number of people attending. It was very well marketed.
- The opportunity to feature our goods to prospective customers who might not otherwise visit us.
- The combination of the business expo and food tasting was terrific - it drew a wide variety of people, and made for a great social/networking event. Well done.
- The huge number of people it attracted. We had at least 4 customers show up that night at our restaurant. They liked our samplers and wanted more.
- Great networking opportunity and chance to expose our business.