8th Annual Business Expo and Taste of Boyne
Business contacts, food and fun on tap for annual Expo
Presented by Coldwell Banker Schmidt Family of Companies
Our next Expo will be in September or October, 2016
The exact date will be announced. We conducted a survey and found that there was more support for having our Expo in the fall, rather than the spring.
Photos from 2015
Location: Former Carter's Store, 1315 Boyne Ave. (M-75 South), Boyne City MI
Our 2015 Expo booths sold out five weeks ahead of time. We will post our 2016 application forms in the summer of 2016.
$5 admission includes all Taste of Boyne booths
List of Exhibitors * 2015 Pictures * 2014 Pictures * Exhibitor success tips
One of the largest business networking events in Northern Michigan is each year in Boyne City. The 2015 Business Expo and Taste of Boyne included 96 exhibitor booths and a crowd of 1,300 people attending. This exciting Expo includes great food, networking, music and business exhibits from 3 to 7 p.m. It all happens at the former Carter's Store at 1315 Boyne Avenue (M-75 South). The Chamber hostes an optional Booth Selection and Exhibitor Tips meeting about four weeks ahead of time.
The Expo features:
- 96 booths from area businesses and non-profits, including...
- 12 Taste of Boyne food booths, including wine and beer tasting
- Admission price of $5 includes tickets to sample each of the Taste of Boyne participants.
- Cash bar with soft drinks and beer from Petoskey Brewing Co. on draft.
- Free parking shuttle from St. Matthew Church and the Road Commission (details below)
- Blood pressure screenings from Charleboix Area Hospital
- Free wi-fi for exhibitors, courtesy of Cherry Capital Connection
- Music and announcements from Roger Coates and Experience DJ's
- New vehicles on display from Bob Mathers Ford, Dave Kring Chevrolet and Fletch's GMC Buick Audi.
PARKING SHUTTLE – Because the Expo draws a large crowed, we offer free parking shuttle service, courtesy of Charlevoix County Transit. If the Carter's lot is full, you can park next door at St. Matthew Catholic Church or the Road Commission and ride a shuttle to and from the Expo. Thanks to St. Matthew Church and Charlevoix County Transit System for making this possible.
Thanks to our Presenting Sponsor:
Thanks to our Gold Sponsors:
Petoskey News-Review * 9 & 10 News * Boyne City Gazette * Taylor Rental
Pat O'Brien Real Estate
Charlevoix Area Hospital, Boyne Area Medical Clinic and Boyne Rehab Center
Coldwell Banker Boyne City - Presenting Sponor
Bronze Sponsors: F.O. Barden & Son * Boyne Mountain Resort
Wi-fi Sponsor: Cherry Capital Connection
TASTE OF BOYNE - $5 admission includes a Taste Card to try them all. Check back for an updated list; here are this year's participants:
- Alpine Chocolat Haus
- BC Pizza
- BCHS Team Hospitality
- Bella Vita Italian Restaurant
- Boyne Mountain Restaurants
- Family Fare
- The Jordan Inn
- Petoskey Brewing Company
- Pigs Eatin' Ribs
- Porter Creek Fish House
List of other exhibitors
What did you like about the Expo? Unedited comments from attendees and vendors (from our online survey):
- Good food, cash bar, good music, nice turnout!
- The way the community participated - they LOVED it!
- It was good to see so many participants, it was nice to be involved with something so 'positive.'
- The whole thing - I felt like I was in Grand Rapids or Detroit at a conference! Well done!
- Opportunities to interact with businesses I didn't even know existed.
- The large space inside and out. It reminded us of the Home Show in Petoskey, only better because lots of food.
- Visiting with people and finding out the different products that businesses have - knowing that Boyne carries it and I don't have to drive out of town to get the product.
- The turnout! I thought the combination of the Expo And Taste Of Boyne was a great idea. Also, there was enough space for people to move around freely.
- I was amazed that the former Carter's could look like a small convention center. It was full and fun. Having food vendors spread out is a great idea! It encouraged people to walk and mingle....
- The promotion was excellent, the appearance of the booths were outstanding. It was a big-time expo.
- Number of booths and number of people attending. It was very well marketed.
- The opportunity to feature our goods to prospective customers who might not otherwise visit us.
- The combination of the business expo and food tasting was terrific - it drew a wide variety of people, and made for a great social/networking event. Well done.
- The huge number of people it attracted. We had at least 4 customers show up that night at our restaurant. They liked our samplers and wanted more.
- Great networking opportunity and chance to expose our business.