6th Annual Business Expo and Taste of Boyne
Presenting Sponsor: Northwestern Bank
Pictures from 2013
Business contacts, food and fun on tap for annual Expo
Thursday, April 24, 2014, 3 to 7 p.m.
Location: Former Carter's Store, 1315 Boyne Ave. (M-75 South)
$5 admission includes all Taste of Boyne booths
Booth application forms will be released in January, 2014.
2013 exhibitors * Sponsor info * Exhibitor tips from Forbes * Exhibitor success tips
One of the largest business networking events in Northern Michigan is held on the fourth Thursday of April in Boyne City. The most recent Business Expo and Taste of Boyne included 95 exhibitor booths and a crowd of 1,300 people attending. This exciting Expo is presented by Northwestern Bank and includes great food, networking, music and business exhibits from 3 to 7 p.m. It all happens at the former Carter's Store at 1315 Boyne Avenue (M-75 South). The Chamber will host an optional Booth Selection and Exhibitor Tips meeting about a month before the Expo.
The 2013 expo featured:
- 95 booths from area businesses and non-profits, including...
- 15 Taste of Boyne food booths, including wine and beer tasting
- Admission price of $5 includes tickets to sample each of the 15 Taste of Boyne participants.
- Cash bar with soft drinks, Michigan wines and beer from Petoskey Brewing Co. on draft.
- Free parking shuttle from St. Matthew Church and the Road Commission (details below)
- Blood pressure screenings from Charleboix Area Hospital
- Free wi-fi for exhibitors, courtesy of Cherry Capital Connection
- Music and announcements from A+ Digital DJ's.
- New vehicles on display from Bob Mathers Ford, Dave Kring Chevrolet and Fletch's GMC Buick Audi.
PARKING SHUTTLE – Because the Expo draws a large crowed, we offer free parking shuttle service, courtesy of Charlevoix County Transit. If the Carter's lot is full, you can park next door at St. Matthew Catholic Church or the Road Commission and ride a shuttle to and from the Expo. Thanks to St. Matthew Church and Charlevoix County Transit System for making this possible.
Thanks to our Presenting Sponsor Northwestern Bank and our Gold Sponsors:
Petoskey News-Review * 9 & 10 News * Boyne City Gazette * Taylor Rental
Pat O'Brien Real Estate * A+ Digital DJ's * Lakeshore Express
Charlevoix Area Hospital, Boyne Area Medical Clinic and Boyne Rehab Center
Coldwell Banker Boyne City
Bronze Sponsors: Korthase-Flinn Insurance & Financial Services
Northwest Michigan Works!
Wi-fi Sponsor: Cherry Capital Connection
TASTE OF BOYNE - $5 admission includes a Taste Card to try them all. Here are the participants from 2013:
- Alpine Chocolat Haus
- Porter Creek Fish House at Sommerset Pointe
- Boyne Mountain Restaurants
- BC Pizza
- BCHS Team Hospitality
- Barrel Back Restaurant
- Lago del Sole @ Charlevoix Country Club
- Glen’s Market
- The Grain Train
- Green Plate Catering
- The Jordan Inn
- Mackinaw Trail Winery
- Petoskey Brewing Company
- Spicy Bob’s Italian Express
List of other exhibitors
What did you like about the Expo? Unedited comments from attendees and vendors (from our online survey):
- Good food, cash bar, good music, nice turnout!
- The way the community participated - they LOVED it!
- It was good to see so many participants, it was nice to be involved with something so 'positive.'
- The whole thing - I felt like I was in Grand Rapids or Detroit at a conference! Well done!
- Opportunities to interact with businesses I didn't even know existed.
- The large space inside and out. It reminded us of the Home Show in Petoskey, only better because lots of food.
- Visiting with people and finding out the different products that businesses have - knowing that Boyne carries it and I don't have to drive out of town to get the product.
- The turnout! I thought the combination of the Expo And Taste Of Boyne was a great idea. Also, there was enough space for people to move around freely.
- I was amazed that the former Carter's could look like a small convention center. It was full and fun. Having food vendors spread out is a great idea! It encouraged people to walk and mingle....
- The promotion was excellent, the appearance of the booths were outstanding. It was a big-time expo.
- Number of booths and number of people attending. It was very well marketed.
- The opportunity to feature our goods to prospective customers who might not otherwise visit us.
- The combination of the business expo and food tasting was terrific - it drew a wide variety of people, and made for a great social/networking event. Well done.
- The huge number of people it attracted. We had at least 4 customers show up that night at our restaurant. They liked our samplers and wanted more.
- Great networking opportunity and chance to expose our business.